Another week already and we are almost in November. Where is this year going at all? Today, I am bring you five beauty hacks I’ve learned over the years to either – speed up your getting ready process or help you look better! I have tried each one of these personally therefore my Bombshells I can tell you they WORK.
- Put a coat of clear nail polish before you paint your nails: This might not be a common knowledge to everyone, but if you first paint your nails with clear nail polish and then put color on; you will be able to remove the nail polish quicker when the time comes. Clear Nail Polish is a God send for many tricks, also known for helping you if you tore your tights.
- Put a thin layer of foundation on your lips before applying lipstick: Just before you apply your lippy (and this works with lipsticks only for aesthetical reasons) put a thin layer of your foundation or concealer on your lips and this will create a good “base” for your lipstick for longer lasting effects.
- Spray your powder/highlighter brush with setting spray: Moisturizing your powder spray; blusher or eye shadow brushes with a face setting spray or face mist before use will enhance the pigmentation of the product and it will give better overall effects (and save you time).
- Spray your hairbrush/comb with hair spray: We all have that one annoying piece of hair that just won’t stay where it’s supposed to. I have recently learned that if you put some hairspray on your brush or comb (usually works better with combs) the hair will stay in it’s place and it will not make your hair look greasy or flat.
- Highlighter on collarbone and Shoulders: If you are going for minimalistic make up but you’d like your features to be highlighted I always put some highlighter right on my collarbone and on the “tips” of my shoulders. If you are not sure how to do it so it doesn’t look tacky just take a moment to see where does the light reflect on your bones and apply by patting it with your finger (Be careful not to overdo it). This will give your skin lovely glowy effect.
These few beauty hacks have saved me a tonne of time (back in my party days – old people’s joke haha). If you have any other time saving tips I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below!
*Photographs courtesy of Pexels*